"Manifesting himself unto all nations" part 2


I have a simple precept to write about; although, there are many options. I will keep it simple today, a testimony of Christ, expounding on what I wrote about last time. I wrote about how Moroni testified that Jesus Christ manifests himself to all nations.
This morning Jessica and I read 2 Nephi chapter 26 verses 12 and 13, a family scripture study opportunity from “Come, follow me”. The verses states the following:
“And as I spake concerning the convincing of the Jews, that Jesus is the very Christ, it must needs be that the Gentiles be convinced also that Jesus is the Christ, the Eternal God; And that he manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, working mighty miracles, signs, and wonders, among the children of men according to their faith.”
When I read this, I thought of the three kings that visited Jesus Christ as a child. These kings had the luxury to travel to Bethlehem; however, I expect many other people of their nations would have loved to have joined. They did observe the mighty “signs, and wonders”. That is my simple precept. You don’t have to trust me that there are evidences that God manifested himself unto the Chinese people as I have written last time. The Bible states a story “that he manifesteth himself unto all those who believe in him, by the power of the Holy Ghost; yea, unto every nation, kindred, tongue, and people.”
The activity invited me to express how Christ was manifested to me by the power of the Holy Ghost. I have had many experiences, and I did not recall one this morning. We don’t need to have one conversion experience to recall. I said that I remember feeling the love of God in the temple. Remembering Christ is what the sacrament prayer states that we may have his spirit to be with us after obedience to his commandments.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wisdom from a Youth Family History Teacher

Reflecting on JST John 1:1-19 more

The Doctrine of Mortal Suffering: Part 2